It’s finally arriving, Azure is coming locally to Africa. Microsoft will be delivering cloud services from Datacenters in Johannesburg and Capetown.
More details here
An update for the Azure MP technical preview has been releasd and is available here
New in this version
- Fixed issue: due to deadlock of Storage Account Capacity Probe threads, Storage Account Size Performance Collection rule did not work, and the corresponding performance counters were not collected
- Fixed issue: service type page did not display all instances in the authoring wizard when there were more than 1000 instances
- Fixed issue: storage account state view did not display non-classic storage accounts
- Fixed performance stability issue observed while monitoring large subscriptions (1000+ objects): all MP components (objects monitoring, objects discovery and counters collection) did not work.
- Added support for China subscriptions; for details, see Azure in China and Azure for the US Government section
- Fixed issue with “Add subscription” wizard pertaining to China subscriptions; added a corresponding guidance regarding the required user activity for China subscriptions monitoring, see the corresponding Note
- Added monitoring of Azure Application Insights alerts for web tests; for more details, see Application Insights Configuration section
- “Known Issues” section of the guide is updated
- Updated information about Run As Profiles configuration: Run As Profile Proxy is to be configured manually; see Security Configuration section for details
An updated version of the MP for Azure SQL Database v220.127.116.11 is available here.
Updates and Fixes
- Added a number of new monitors and rules, including the following:
- CPU Usage (%)
- Workers Usage (%)
- Log write (%)
- Data I/O (%)
- Sessions (%)
- Count Failed Connection
- Count Successful Connection
- Count Connection Blocked by Firewall
- Count of Deadlock
- Count Throttling long transaction
- Count Connection Failed
- XTP Storage (In-memory OLTP Storage, %)
- Deprecated Collect Microsoft Azure SQL Database Internal/External Network Egress/Ingress performance rules
- Deprecated Federation and Federation member workflows
- Implemented rebranding: the management pack and some workflow names have been changed
It looks like there has been an updated released of the Azure Pack MP but the documentation has not been updated and the version on the download page still shows the original release 18.104.22.168. Hopefully this is corrected soon.