Tim Culham has been promising version 2 of his health check script for a while now and let me tell you it was worth the wait, it offers a great overview of the health of a SCOM management group on a single page, get it here.
Great stuff Tim.
- A Data Volume graph where you can instantly see the amount of Alerts, Events, Performance Data and State Changes over the last 7 days
- The Health State of your SCOM Agents
- A Graph of your Alert Statistics – how many Open or Closed Alerts
- Your Management Server Health, Versions, Server Uptime & the number of Workflows they are running. Now updated to include Gateways! Also CPU, Disk and Memory Graphs for each!
- Any Open Warning or Critical Alerts for your Gateways and Management Servers.
- The Top 5 Alerts by Repeat Count (use this to identify recurring problems)
- The Top 5 Events by Computer (see which computers are the noisiest)
- Your Operational Database & Data Warehouse Servers…how much space they are using, free space, file sizes and locations.
- Your Operational Database and Data Warehouse Backups. Make sure they are running.
- Are the Databases being groomed? You’ll be able to tell instantly!
- Find out what is using all of the space in your Operational Database & Data Warehouse Databases.
- The Reporting Server and Web Console Server URL’s and if they are OK.
- The Status of your Scheduled Reports
- If there are any Overrides in the ‘Default Management Pack’
- What Discoveries ran in the last 24 Hours and what Properties were changed?
- Identify agents that are lower than the highest version installed. Use this to see which agents should be upgraded to the most current version
- Identify Agents that are not Remoteable.
- Is Agent Proxying Enabled?
- What Objects are in Maintenance?
- And it’s available in 2 different colors!