A new tool has been released to assist in creating management packs for network monitoring get it here
I know from experience that having to walk a MIB file manually in order to determine which OIDs to use can be a tedious process. Tools like this one should make the whole experience much more manageable.
- Network Monitoring Management Pack Generator tool package includes a UI tool – SNMP_MPGenerator.exe and a command line tool – NetMonMPGenerator.exe.
- SNMP_MPGenerator tool has an inbuilt MIB browser. Users can load MIB files, search through the Object Identifiers (OIDs) related to devices and components they wish to monitor.
- This tool would support custom network devices in addition to already supported device type such as Switch, Router, Firewall and Load Balancer. Users can define monitors and rules targeted to the network devices.
- Users can also discover and monitor discrete components of network devices. They can create monitors and rules for device components such as Processor, Memory, Fan, Temperature Sensor, Power Supply, Voltage Sensor and Custom device components.
- Users can define monitors and rules for multiple devices in a single project file and generate a single Management Pack for all those devices.
- NetMonMPGenerator.exe is a command line tool for users who wish to generate MP through command line. Users would need to provide an input XML to the command line tool to generate custom MP. The input XML would have all the device information and workflows (monitors and rules) defined on the device.