Kevin Holman updated his MP post with the following warning,:
***WARNING*** There are some significant issues in this release of the Base OS MP, I do not recommend applying this one until an updated version comes out.
- Cluster Disks on Server 2008R2 clusters are no longer discovered as cluster disks.
- Cluster Disks on Server 2008 clusters are not discovered as logical disks.
- Quorum (or small size) disks on clusters that ARE discovered as Cluster disks, do not monitor for free space correctly.
- Cluster shared volumes are discovered twice, once as a Cluster Shared Volume instance, and once as a Logical disk instance, with the latter likely cause by enabling mounted disk discovery.
- On Hyper-V servers, I discover an extra disk, which has no properties:
So best to hold off on this one folks. This of course comes back to some big questions about MP quality control as we’ve had many issues with the recent SQL MP releases and now this.