A new management pack for monitoring Skype for Business Server 2019 is out and available here
Install guide – here
The following features are new to Skype for Business Server 2019 Management Packs.
- Automatic discovery for Client Sign-In Client applications that sign-in to Skype for Business Server 2019 often automatically discover the server to sign-in to. Synthetic transactions now support verification that automatic discovery is configured correctly.
- Customized synthetic transaction run intervals To simplify the set up process of Watcher Nodes, synthetic transactions can share user accounts. This slows down the frequency at which the tests are run as the tests are serialized to avoid conflicts. By default, synthetic transactions run every 15 minutes to ensure all tests have time to run. Administrators who choose to use more users or fewer tests per user may now reduce the run interval, as well.
- Video Interop Services synthetic transaction Customers who are migrating to Skype for Business Server 2019 from other vendor solutions often desire to continue using the video teleconferencing devices (VTCs) from these other vendors. Video Interop Server is a new Skype for Business Server 2019 server role that enables customers to continue to use Cisco VTCs in their conference rooms by connecting to Cisco CUCM via a video SIP trunk. This feature also adds a synthetic transaction to help verify that the Video Interop Server is up and can handle incoming connections over a video SIP trunk.
- Application Sharing Conferencing synthetic transaction End-to-end scenario validation for Application Sharing Conferences is now supported.
Windows Cluster services management packs have recently been updated and are available at the following locations:
2016 and 1709+
Updates and Fixes
- Fixed issue: resources group view displayed 2012 and 2012 R2 Clusters
- Changed Availability Storage group monitoring logic:
- If the group state was empty or offline, the monitor did not change state to Critical.
- If the group state was in partially online state, the monitor did not change to Warning state.
- If physical disk was in offline state, the monitor did not change state from Healthy to Critical.
- Fixed issue with Network and Network Interfaces discovery in case Cluster Network Interface name was longer than ~40 characters and contained ‘-’ characters.
- Fixed issue: Cluster Resource tasks execution was failing if cluster.exe was not installed.
- Fixed issue: Cluster Network Interfaces were not discovered on Windows Server 2008 Core.
- Fixed issue: Cluster Network Interfaces were not fully discover on Windows Server 2016 Standard.
- Fixed issue: Cluster Network Interfaces were not discovered on Windows Server 2016 Nano.
- Fixed issue: Tasks did not have output on Windows Server 2016 Nano.
- Fixed issue: “Pause Node” and “Resume Node” tasks had unexpected output.
- Added support for resource groups’ tasks with names containing WMI reserved symbols.
- Fixed issue: Cluster Resources were not discovered if the Cluster had File Server role.
- Fixed issue: Cluster Resource groups could not be moved to another node due to failure of “Move Group” task. The logic was changed, see “Move Group” Task Specifics” section.
- Fixed issue: “Check Cluster Group” diagnostic task did not work on Windows Server 2003-2008 R2 platforms without PowerShell, and on Windows Server 2012 and higher without PowerShell and Cluster cmdlets installed.
- Fixed issue: If a cluster object name contained WMI reserved symbols, monitoring of this cluster object did not work.
- Added support for resources with long names (up to 4000 symbols).
- Fixed issue: “10000” warning event occurred on all platforms if the discovery did not return the data.
- Fixed issue: Several resource tasks do not work if Cluster.exe is not installed.
- Updated the display strings.
The Server 2012 DHCP management pack has been updated and is avaliable for download – here
Updates and fixed
- Added “Known Issues and Troubleshooting” section to the guide.
- Updated “Supported Configurations” section of the guide.
The following bugs have been fixed in the Management Pack:
- “DHCP Server 2016 IPV4 Individual Scope Addresses Available Percentage Monitor” was not generating the corresponding alerts in case of 0% percentage available.
- “DHCP Server 2016 IPV4 Individual Scope Addresses Available Percentage Monitor” was failing if multiple scopes had the same name.
- “DHCP Server 2016 IPV6 Individual Scope Addresses Available Percentage Monitor” was not generating the corresponding alerts in case of 0% percentage available.
- “DHCP Server 2016 IPV6 Individual Scope Addresses Available Percentage Monitor” was failing if multiple scopes had the same name.
A new management pack has been released for Windows Server 2016 and later File Services they are available for download the the following locations
Server 2016 and 1709+ – here
Server 2012 – here
Includes new and updated monitoring for File Services, iSCI, DFS and DFS replication
- DeDuplication – Stay current
- Support for clustered namespaces
- Support for clustered replication group members
- Agentless monitoring
- More detailed product knowledge
- Support for clustered replication group members
- Agentless monitoring
- iSCSI – iSCSI Target is built inbox first time in Server 2016. This is the first version integrated with File Server.
- NFS – Stay current.
- SMB – New
Documentation updated to reflect Server 1709+
New Support for Server 1709+
Lenovo have updated their management pack to integrate SCOM with XClarity get it here
It now supports even more Lenovo systems
Key features include:
- Extensive monitoring of the health of hardware components for System x and ThinkSystem servers, Flex chassis nodes and BladeCenter blades via BMC (out-of-band mode).
- Extensive monitoring of the health of hardware components for System x servers, Flex chassis nodes and BladeCenter blades running Windows (in-band mode).
- Rich monitoring of the health of Flex and BladeCenter chassis/modules via the SNMP protocol.
- Easy determination of overall system health by the aggregation of hardware health monitors.
- Power Monitoring of UEFI/BMC System x Servers and Blades running Windows. Offers the ability to monitor overall system power usage, and generates alerts when power consumption rises above predefined consumption thresholds. Enable Power Capping and set the maximum power consumption wattage via Operation Manage Agent task.
- BladeCenter and Blade hardware health correlation and event propagation providing BladeCenter specific hardware health condition monitoring under the Windows health explorer view.
- Remote power on and off of Blades Servers via the Operations Manager console.
- Offer the ability to launch a CMM Web Console of a Flex System Chassis from the Operations Manager Console.
- Offer the ability to view System x power data using the System x Power Data Chart.
- Offer the ability to support SQL Server database and migrate data from the PostgreSQL to the SQL Server.
- Offer the ability to discover and manage system BMC automatically.
- Offer the ability to configure Lenovo XClarity Integrator Service from the Operations Manager Console.
- Support to install XClarity Integrator Service on a separated system.
- Support multiple Management Servers in same management group, and connect to another online Management
Server if the current Management Server stops responding.
- Support to refresh BMC data in Management Server in time.
- Provide the High Availability (HA) suggestion based on Windows or VMWare HA solution.
An update to the Azure management pack has been released get it here:
Changes and fixes:
- Fixed false errors about required access to DataAccess service when monitor classic alert rules in the Gateway configuration
- Improved names and descriptions for workflows that responsible for metricalerts presentation in Operations Manager Console
- Updated section “Azure Alerts in Operations Manager” in Guide
- Changed alert names for warning alerts created on dynamic monitors
- Declare compatibility with System Center Operations Manager 1801
- Implemented validation on “the given key not present in the dictionary” issue
- It is possible to upgrade from 22.214.171.124 CTP, but user is recommended to re-create Azure MP template in Authoring section to obtain new changes and perform modifications
An updated MP has been released for ADDS get it here
New in this version:
- Updated the RODC Group to include OS version
- Updated NTService monitors to allow for overriding when the service is not set to automatic start
- Fixed AD Topology discovery when the SCOM server and action account are in a child domain
This is a summary of the wave of Management Packs that were released in September 2018. Information and download location in the links provided:
IBM System Storage Management Pack v 126.96.36.199 – available from vendor
Management Pack for Microsoft Azure v188.8.131.52 – here
Cisco UCS MP v184.108.40.206 – here
If you know of any other Management Packs that have been released recently that I may have missed leave me a note in the comments and I’ll add them
Cisco has updated their UCS management pack to add some additional support v220.127.116.11 is available from Cisco directly click here (requires cisco.com login)
Now includes support for SCOM current branch up to 1807 as well as the following versions of Cisco IMC:
Supported Cisco UCS Manager Releases
Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager is compatible with the following Cisco UCS Manager releases:
Supported Cisco IMC Release
Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager is compatible with the following Cisco IMC releases:
Release 2.0(3) or higher
Supported Cisco UCS Central Releases
Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager is compatible with the following Cisco UCS Central releases:
The Azure management pack has had an update get it here
This updated contains primarily new features.
Updates and features
- Added the “Audience URI” field in the Endpoints Configuration for the Azure Subscriptions Wizard
- Implemented monitoring of Non-classic storage account
- Implemented monitoring of Application gateway
- Fixed issue of obtaining data with Azure Data Factory
- Implemented monitoring of Azure Data Factory
- Metric collection for Classic storage account is not supported
- Implemented monitoring of Service Bus in SPN mode
- Implemented monitoring support for Gateway Server