Veeam recently released the v7 R2 version of their System Center Management Pack.
Go here for more information, a free trial and pricing.
This update looks to be a nice step forward in terms of functionality and visibility of the virtual layer, which can be neglected when monitoring an environment.
New in this version:
- NEW tools help you get results fast. An updated Resource Kit, which is part of the install, accelerates and simplifies deployment with an updated Database Sizing Calculator, scripts for deployment and configuration, and ‘mini’ MPs for customization.
- NEW enhanced database efficiencies boost performance under large, enterprise loads and reduce Veeam MP’s footprint in the System Center database more than 50%.
- NEW app-to-metal visibility as well as metal-to-app visibility allows you to quickly trace problems and determine business impacts for both physical and virtual resources.
- NEW capabilities help you quickly identify undersized vSphere VMs so you can provide more resources where needed to power critical applications.
- NEW platform support for Veeam Backup & Replication v8 and System Center 2012 R2 Update Rollups.
New in v7 R2, if you have System Center agents on any VMs, you’ll be able to drill down in two directions for both app-to-metal and metal-to-app visibility. You can quickly identify apps being monitored on a specific VM to find services and applications that will be affected by compute, storage and networking problems. And you can navigate a topology tree to locate the host for a specific VM to see if there are any problems occurring below this level―whether in that specific VM, other VMs, host hardware or elsewhere.