Oktagonal, a company that specialises in infrastructure automation has released a Maintenance Mode scheduler tool for SCOM 2012.
Go here for additional information and pricing. A 30 day trial is also available.
- Browser-based scheduling, independent of OpsMgr console or web console
- Ad-hoc, regular and recurring schedules
- Embed scheduled reboots into maintenance mode schedules
- Per-class scheduling and per-group scheduling
- Flexible security model for delegation of targets and schedules through AD Group membership
- Full audit and execution history, integrated with OpsMgr DB and DW
I particularly like the ability to convert the tech heavy SCOM object names into easy to identify object names and the ability to restrict who can schedule maintenance for which object without requiring console access and we all know how useful auditing is when it comes to maintenance mode.
Definitely a useful tool, I look forward to seeing later iterations.