It’s always great to get new functionality into OMS, today the Container Monitoring solution goes into general availability.
- See information about all container hosts in a single location
- Know which containers are running, what image they’re running, and where they’re running
- See an audit trail for actions on containers
- Troubleshoot by viewing and searching centralized logs without remote login to the Docker hosts
- Find containers that may be “noisy neighbors” and consuming excess resources on a host
- View centralized CPU, memory, storage, and network usage and performance information for containers
New with GA
- Kubernetes cluster awareness with at-a-glance hierarchy inventory from Kubernetes cluster to pods
- New Kubernetes events
- Capture custom pod labels and provides custom complex search filters
- Provides container process information
- Container Node Inventory including storage, network, orchestration type, and Docker version
Learn more here
Create your free subscription for OMS here
Hot off the press integration between OMS Service Map and SCOM Distributed applications is now in public preview.
This is a feature that I for one have been looking forward to for quite some time and I hope this is only a glimpse into the possibilities of having OMS and SCOM leverage off each other in the future.
Documentation is available here
Get the MP here
Screenshots courtesy of the MS OMS Blog
OMS Service Map
Integrated SCOM Distributed Application
A new tool has been released, for public preview, to allow connecting OMS managed devices that don’t or can’t have internet connectivity to your OMS namespace.
The tool and easy to follow instructions are available for download here.
A new feature has been made available for preview in OMS, this gives us the capability to send an email alert based on a threshold criteria.
Alex Frankel over at the Microsoft Engineering blog has a great article on how to enable and configure this feature, with current limitations and how to provide feedback
Here is a sample of what the alert email looks like:
OpsLogix has released an Oracle Management pack for use with Microsofts latest offering the Operations Management Suite (OMS).
Currently support is offered for for alerting and performance metrics with Oracle 10g up to version 12c, and has support for Oracle RAC.
Go here for more information.
Microsoft has added additional support to OMS for Windows Server 2008 SP1 operating systems and 32bit systems. It’s great to see feedback from their customers being implemented so quickly.
For a step by step how to go here