This is a summary of the wave of Management Packs that were released in October 2018. Information and download location in the links provided:
Active Directory Domain Services MP v10.0.2.2 – here
Azure Management Pack v18.104.22.168 – here
If you know of any other Management Packs that have been released recently that I may have missed leave me a note in the comments and I’ll add them
A brief overview of the recently released UR6 for SCOM 2016 – get it here
Updates and Fixes
- Application pool crashes and SharePoint application crashes because of APM agent and the profiler are now fixed. These occurred because the profiler was always on. This issue is fixed by disabling the profiler by default and enabling it only when APM is configured.Note If you’re using APM, restart IIS after you deploy the patches.
- Improved logging to display error messages and suggest that you check performance counters when PdhExpandWildCardPath fails.
- Fixed: Session Events tab in Application Diagnostics web console doesn’t display any data.
- Fixed: Scheduled Maintenance Mode doesn’t work in an availability group that uses SQL Always-On configuration. In case of a failover to a secondary node, the Maintenance Mode Schedules that are created on the primary node don’t run. This has now been fixed. For details, see the “Enabling Schedule Maintenance Mode with SQL Always ON” section.
- Updated fix: The Get-SCOMGroup cmdlet is slow to query large (more than 2,000) groups. A previous fix has been improved for faster querying of any number of groups.
- Fixed: Users could not edit the Maintenance Schedule in the SCOM console if all the objects were removed. The schedule can now be edited. However, it cannot be saved unless it contains at least one object.
- Fixed: SCX cannot connect with Linux machine if the KEX algorithms are configured as any of the following: ecdh-sha2-nistp256, diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256, or diffie-hellman-group14-sha256.
- Fixed: Using MI APIs causes MonitoringHost.exe to crash. This event is logged in the Application log, but no crash events are reported in the Operations Manager event log. After this fix, MonitoringHost doesn’t crash even if the useMIAPI registry key is enabled.
- OMS (now Azure Log Analytics) connection onboarding wizard isupdated to communicate with the new APIs. This is because the OMS services were moved to the Azure Portal (link), and also because of the planned retirement of the OMS portal. This change will not affect any existing connection to OMS. However, for new connections or to reconfigure existing connections, the relevant management packs that are bundled together with this update rollup must be imported.
- This update rollup creates a new “omi” user (system account).
- XPlat support matrix changes:
- SLES 10 is not supported.
- CentOS 5 is not supported.
- AIX 6.x is not supported.