A new tool released by Microsoft to help with MP Authoring.
The Microsoft Platform Ready Test Tool for System Center 2012 R2 is designed to help test your Operations Manager Management Pack for compatibility and compliance to best practices. Use this tool to achieve Application Logo Certification for System Center and qualify testing status as part of the Microsoft Partner Network Competency program. The MPR Test Tool is a wizard style tool that implements technical requirements described in the Microsoft Platform Ready Test Requirements Criteria document. • More information about the System Center Application Logo Certification Program can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=241671
An updated version of the HP MSA P2000 Management pack has been released, version 18.104.22.168 is available for download here.
New in this version:
- Performance Collection scripts were modified to capture exception when no performance XML file is found. Warning Event 805 is logged in Operations Manager Log on MSA Monitoring Server.
- For Physical Disk and Volume Performance Collection Scripts, timeout was Increased to 240s
- Since there are a lot of performance counters to be collected => Performance Rules Collection Intervals were Increased from 2 to 5 minutes.
- If you choose to change Collection Interval in order not to break Cookdown please make sure that you Change Time interval on all instances for particular class.
Thanks to for Juse at Rather Serious SCOM Blog listing the changes in this version
Microsoft has released an update for their Dynamics CRM Management packs, they are available for download at the following locations.
New Dynamics CRM 2015 version 7 here
Updated Dynamics CRM 2013 version 22.214.171.124 here
The updated 2013 version contains :
- New views, classes, monitors, and discoveries
- Updated rules
An updated version of the AD Certificate Services management pack has been released, version 7.1.10100.0 is available for download here.
An update for the Exchange 2013 management pack has been released, version 15.0.665.19 is available for download here.
Changes in this update:
- Fixed a bug that was preventing discovery of Exchange 2013 on Edge servers in DMZ
- Fixed a bug that caused MicrosoftExchangeCollectMBXStats.ps1 to throw “System.Management.Automation. MethodInvocationException: Exception calling “Add” with “2” argument(s):” exception when Mailboxes are soft-deleted
Microsoft has released an update for the Workflow Manager management pack version 1.0.2015.0 is available for download here.
New in this version:
- Support Workflow Manager CU2
- Fixed bug impacting farm discovery due to port number in connection string, version 1.0.2015.0
Last month I blogged about a SCOM Database Status Report that I was working on in order to get a single page overview of the SQL environment for a SCOM implementation, as a starting point to a complete SCOM heath report.
Below are samples of version 3 of the report which now includes additional sections for the OperationsManager database as well as the Data Warehouse. I have also amended some of the colouring to make important aspects easier to identify.
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any comments or suggestions on this report or ideas for future ones.
This is a summary of the wave of Management Packs that were released in February 2015. Information and download location in the links provided:
Windows Server OS MP 6.0.7296.0 – here
Office 365 MP v7.0.5115.0 – here
Dell MP v6.0 – here (released Dec 2014)
DPM 2012 R2 – here
Cisco UCS MP v3.1.1 – here (released Dec 2014)
Windows Server Cluster MP v6.0.7291.0 – here (released Nov 2014)
Veeam Management Pack™ v7 R2 – here (released Dec 2014)
BizTalk Server 2013 R2 MP v7.0.2008.0 – here
Lync 2013 MP v8308.871 – here
If you know of any other Management Packs that have been released recently that I may have missed leave me a note in the comments and I’ll add them.